Protected by Allstate

Are my Drift earnings considered taxable income?

While Drift cannot provide individual tax advice, the money you receive from Drift is generally considered taxable income, regardless of whether you receive a 1099 form from Drift. Depending on your individual situation, you may be able to deduct certain expenses related to sharing, including mileage. Please check with your tax expert for advice.

Drift will send eligible owners a 1099-K form.  Generally, to receive a 1099-K from Drift, you must have had payments from Drift of at least $20,000 and more than 200 gross transactions.

Less often, certain activities like bonuses or other unique types of payments may trigger a 1099-MISC when the gross amount of such types of payments exceed $600.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful